So it’s been almost 2 months since I left my hometown and headed with “the boys” and my packed-to-the-roof van. Getting to that point was an adventure, thank God J let me keep some stuff in her garage! Next time everything but the daily essentials will get put on the moving truck! Ugh.
Anyway. My Girl and I survived the trip and still want to spend time together! If we can get through our respective divorces and a road trip, we can get through anything! 😝
Yes, I am feeling silly. Quite a lot has happened. Things are looking up.
1. Almost Ex finally got the divorce settlement papers signed! He pestered me to do mine and return them ASAP but no surprise there. My common response was don’t be mad at me, my lawyer kept my stuff moving!
2. Since I started this post a few weeks ago, his lawyer actually lost my signed divorce papers. I’m not kidding! My lawyer resent them to be signed again and said she would file them herself to make sure they were handled properly! It is almost 6 months past the 90 day waiting period. His lawyer is the worst!
3. My kids have called or texted me regularly, and I sent them “great job for the school year” gift cards and just for fun cards and spending money. They both sound fine and happy to talk to me. That is a huge relief.
4. I applied to five jobs and immediately had three phone interviews, and then had an in person interview a few days later. AND…they hired me and may not have talked to anyone else and I started within a few days of the offer!!!! It is a contract position in my field, so we can both decide if we want to continue the relationship after six months no strings or penalties. I never had that before but am looking at it as well it’s a definite income for the rest of the year so my credit cards can get a break! It’s wonderful having a steady income again!!! I haven’t told Almost Ex yet, though I did tell my daughter. He hasn’t bitched at me for not telling him so I am not sure he knows. He already informed me he was filing for support, which the support itself is not a problem, it’s the way he announced it.
5. I casually mentioned I moved on Facebook, and I didn’t receive many comments, and no negative comments about my kids. I know this shouldn’t surprise me, but I was worried I would hear at least one I’m being selfish or abandoning my kids. The people that matter know the reasons why things are the way they are, and I think I am finally getting to a point where I don’t care what people think. Lady Gaga’s Until It Happens to You has helped me get there.
6. I told a very dear friend that I was getting divorced and moving, and his response was so kind and supportive, and he told me I have always surprised him in good ways but never upset or disappointed him and he loves me still (in a fatherly way) and those words were so perfect and much needed when he said them!
7. My Girl and I have settled into our New Normal, and it seems as if I have always been here with her. We are not living together yet, because I wanted to introduce her to my children slowly, though their father prevented them from being here at all this summer. I’m going to visit them for a few days at the end of the month and I can’t wait! I’m hopeful that next summer they will be here with me. And also secretly hoping that they will want to live with me most of the time….but that’s a long way away at this point so better to stay in today and know I have plans in place to see them soon.
8. My Girl’s best male friends have invited us to go to the beach (My Girl’s hometown!) in August and I can’t wait! It has been a long time since I spent a whole week at the beach and I so need it! I’ve never been to this beach either. Pray no major deadlines come up at work that I can’t finish early and have to stay here! And pray that I can work a little extra the week before to make up a little of the time off too! As a contract worker I don’t get holiday pay or paid time off. That sucks a bit but at least my credit cards will be paid on enough that I can use them if needed.
Sorry I was quiet so long. I was thrown into the deep end at work the second I walked in the door and was just too tired to write in the evenings, and weekends have been busy with unpacking and errands and dating My Girl too! Thanks for hanging around waiting. I’m glad I have you all to “talk” to!